How Lipo-Light Works
What is Lipo-Light?
Lipo-Light is a light emitting diode (LED) system specifically designed for Professionals to contour the body by losing inches in circumference off specific body areas (waist, hips, thighs, arms, neck). Lipo-Light offers 16 pads that are strapped directly to the fatty areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.
What is the action mechanism behind Lipo-Light?
The light (635nm) emitted from Lipo-Light causes the fat cell membranes to temporarily alter the permeability of the cell. This brief change allows the fat contents to seep out from the cell into the interstitial space from where it can be processed by the lymphatic system.
What happens to the fat?
After being released, triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol and enter the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, several things may occur:
- Some of the free fatty acids are readily available to be used as fuel by the body during exercise.
- What is not consumed as energy will get to the liver where it will either be oxidized or re-processed for storage. It is unknown how much gets oxidized versus re-stored, but results suggest that fat does indeed get oxidized (no visible or measurable redistribution of fat in the treated areas)
What results can I expect?
Individuals have lost anywhere from two inches to six inches* over a course of treatments. To maximise the chances of your clients responding, three things are important:
- As a rule, sick clients should not be treated. Wait until the condition has improved. Clients who have a condition listed in the contraindications document should not be treated.
- Hydration is critical. Drink plenty of water (ideally at least 8 glasses of 8 oz of water) spread out throughout the day. Diuretics (coffee, alcohol, etc.) are discouraged.
- The lymphatic system should be mobilized. Post treatment exercise is essential. The client must be encouraged to be active and burn 350 calories every day during their choice of cardio exercise.
*Individual results vary and are not guaranteed.
How deep does Lipo-Light affect fat cells?
Penetration depth is 10 to 12 mm. The Lipo-Light consists of sixteen pads that each contain 28 ultra-bright diodes. Each pad has an optical output of 450mw per pad.
Who can operate the Lipo-Light device?
As a class I device, Lipo-Light can be operated by anyone in any state without the supervision of a medical professional.
How is Lipo-Light different than liposuction?
Liposuction is an invasive procedure involving the mechanical removal of fat cells. By contrast, Lipo-Light is completely non-invasive and only affects fat cells temporarily. Lipo-Light does not compete with liposuction; it is simply a body shaping option available to clients who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure.
Does Lipo-Light help with loose skin?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing Lipo-Light have noticed an improvement in skin tone and texture.
Does Lipo-Light improve the appearance of cellulite?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing Lipo-Light have noticed an improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
Can Lipo-Light cause cancer?
No. Lipo-Light uses LED in the visible spectrum (635nm) to stimulate our cells to be more efficient and accelerate the rate of naturally occurring processes. There has never been any indication that it may cause cancer. However, clients with cancer should not be treated. For more information, please refer to our list of contraindications.
These products are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, and are not intended to affect the structure or function of the body. These products are cosmetic devices used to improve appearance and do not claim to impart any health benefits. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Lipo-Light is based on the pioneering cold light research of NASA and leading clinicians. Lipo-Light does not use surgery, lasers, heat, freezing, ultrasound cavitation, microwaves, or RF.